How-to Videos, College Courses, Computer Skills Training, Professional Development, and more!
- DigitalLearn.org Free
classes for those who are new to computers, haven't used them for a
while, are a little unsure and uncomfortable, or just need a bit of a
refresher. All tutorials now available in Spanish.
- GCF Learn Free A website that offers over 200 free classes and tutorials including
computers, social media and Microsoft programs, from very basic to
advanced subjects. Several classes are offered in other languages.
- Mousing Around A class on how to use a computer mouse from Palm Beach County Library.
- Ratatype Need to practice typing or want to type faster? This website offers recommendations for typing and a typing speed test.
- Microsoft Digital Literacy Class A free online course offered by Microsoft that teaches computer
basics, how to use the internet, how to use Microsoft Word, and more.
- Learn Job Searching Online videos from Linkedin about job searches, interviews and creating resumes.
- Code Academy A website that offers free classes on coding, including HTML, CSS and SQL.
- Excel Easy A free, fully illustrated Excel tutorial
- Edx.org A wide variety of
free online classes from major universities around the world. Courses
include computer science, languages, business/management, data science,
humanities and engineering.
- Open Culture Similar to edx.org with free classes from universities, but most are videos or audio.
- Alison Offers free classes in everything from health and humanities to marketing and IT. Also has uncredited certificates.
- Khan Academy Free online courses in math, science and history and economics.
Useful for students currently in school or those wanting to learn more.
- M.I.T. OpenCourseWare Online undergraduate classes offered by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Connecting, enriching, and supporting the community since 1937
W.H. Walters Free Public Library
1001 East Blvd.
Alpha, N.J. 08865
Email or call us any time!
(NOVEMBER - APRIL)
Monday 9:00am - 5:00pm
Tuesday 11:00am - 7:00pm
Thursday 11:00am - 7:00pm
Friday 9:00am -5:00pm
Saturday 10:00am - 2:00pm
(MAY - OCTOBER)
Monday 9:00am - 6:00pm
Tuesday 10:00am - 7:00pm
Thursday 10:00am - 7:00pm
Friday 9:00am - 6:00pm